At Candle Shack, we enrich lives - by helping Creatives and Creators to build inspirational businesses, brands, and products.
By supporting thousands of artists, artisans, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to make luxury home fragrance accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for the next person to join us on our adventure. Someone who will stand up and be counted, take a real lead in their area of expertise, and produce work that we can all be proud of.
As an accounts administrator you will work closely with the financial controller to assist with maintaining the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting function within the business. You will assist with the preparation of accurate reporting for periods that have passed, as well as looking ahead at the future and helping to plan and and fund the growth of the company. You’ll live and breathe our values, create a glow, own what you do and make a positive impact.
This is a full-time position, based on 37.5 hours per week.
Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
- £20,000 - £22,000 per annum (DOE)
What you’ll do
- Possess and display a “Can Do” attitude.
- Accurately process purchase invoices into our ERP system.
- Update and post daily bank transactions into our ERP system.
- Assist the financial controller with the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the updating and monitoring of the cash flow forecast of the business.
- Assist with preparation of payroll.
- Other adhoc. duties within the accounts department.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for somebody with an outgoing and friendly character, perfectly aligned to our values. We’re a hungry, passionate business, looking for the right person to join us on our scale-up journey.
- Experience in a similar position (bookkeeper, accounts assistant) desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibility in the future.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Calm and empathetic under pressure.
- Strong IT skills, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work on own initiative.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Experience with using Orderwise system (desirable)
OUR VALUES - DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Easier, Better, Faster, Cheaper
- Candle Shack is built on a passion for innovation. We are passionate about solving problems that matter to and excite our customers. We thrive on challenges that others dare not tackle. Like the Creators and the Creatives we support, we believe anything is possible! Every day, we strive to make everything easier, better, faster and cheaper. We are problem solvers!
We will know more tomorrow than we do today
- We focus on being better together. To learn and grow, we recognise our failures and successes, never making excuses or resorting to a blame culture. We focus on improving the process by thinking scientifically, by using data and by working together as a team. We are educators, actively sharing knowledge and striving to make the complex simple. We take ownership of our own development and for the development of our team. We grow together!
We Take Pride
- We are very proud of our own products and of the brands and businesses we support. To bring the Candle Shack brand to life, we understand that we must exceed customer expectations by doing things properly every time. Because it matters. It matters to our customers and it matters to their customers. We never turn a blind-eye to mistakes and always call-out bad work. We have the morale courage required to enforce our standards!
We Create a Glow
- We value team work and collaboration. Together we are stronger and can achieve great things, but to do so, there has to be humility, trust and mutual respect. Everyone is different and we must acknowledge the value we each bring, treating others with kindness and respect at all times. We never get involved in gossiping or politics and do not tolerate such behaviour.
We get sh!t done
- At Candle Shack, everyone must have the confidence to act on their own initiative and to lead by example. We have no need for passengers or those who need constant supervision! We welcome people who have a bias for action, who can think for themselves and have the determination and to overcome obstacles.
WHAT YOU GET
We reward and incentivise our people to create a culture where creativity, agility and results are the order of the day.
- Competitive salary levels
- Company health plan
- Company pension scheme
- Great working environment
- Great facilities
- Holiday increase after 5 years of service
- Opportunity for further training
- Company events
- Pay day pizza
- Work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment
- Personal development opportunities
- Your work will count. You’ll make a difference every day.